Monday, March 21, 2011

THE MONTH OF LOVE

Just like January, February flew by so fast. I did manage to get a few pictures of what we were up to.
Lu found herself in the mirror.
And I just have to say how cute her hair is.
It is so fun do fix it, cause it fits in ponys
and is so curly!
For Christmas Jim and Joanne got all the kids tickets
to see to a play. It's always fun to get together as adults and
hang out and chat without interruptions.
I'm just realizing after looking at these pictures that
I am so glad to be almost done being pregnant.
Time to start looking like my normal self again and
get that weight off.

I took a curling iron to Lu's hair, it looked so cute
and so grown up.

Look at my gang! I just love them so much!
Samantha has had a hard time with us getting sitters, so Ben told her he would take her out on a date if he could go out with me. She was so excited, she came home from school and put on her favorite church dress and had me curl her hair. She wanted to look beautiful for her date with dad. I tried to tell her that her dress might be a little too dressy for what they were going to do, but she would have to ask dad. I also called and gave Ben a little heads up. It has been a while since he has been in the dating scene, so I just told him that even though his wife doesn't like flowers, his little girl might love them. (it's not that I don't like flowers, they are beautiful but I would much rather have chocolate or money. Or maybe both!!!)

Here Sam is in the middle of me curling her hair.
Ben came to the front door and rang the doorbell for his date. He was down on one knee with a dozen roses for Samantha. She looked so happy.
They went to Applebees for dinner. They ordered an apetizer and a salad to share. Isn't that so cute. And of course you can't forget some kind of yummy lemonade drink.
Then Ben took her to Color Me Mine. They picked out and painted ceramic figures.
Of course Sam chose Tinkerbell, it is one of her favorites. And Ben picked an airplane (which he then gave to Mason and it lasted at our house for about 1 month, until it broke).







Then how can you have a date without dessert, a girls favorite thing.
Cold stone it is.





It is one of our or Ben's new things that he is trying to do . . . take the kids out on dates or one on one time with him. We all get to see Ben so little, but the kids especially just cling to him when he is around. So in effort to make them feel special all on their own, and to spend time with each of them alone, these little dates are a great idea.

February was our little month of love. Ben took Sam on her date and then a week later he took Mason out on some "guy" time to do some "guy stuff". We didn't really do much for Valentine's except hang out together. Ben has been working super hard and I had told him that if he sold his current dirt bike he could upgrade. Well HAPPY VALENTINE'S TO BEN! Valentine's night he went and picked up his bike.

2 comments:

Cairen said...

I love the idea of Daddy dates, I bet Sam was in HEAVEN...Hope you guys are doing good, I love seeing what you are up to on your blog!

Rebekah said...

Love the post!